Gorenje Warranty Conditions
Providing you have registered your product and have in your possession the proof of purchase, selected Gorenje appliances are covered by our free warranty for either 1, 2 or 5 years from the date of purchase. Information regarding the warranty period applicable for your particular product can be found at either your point of purchase or by contacting the Gorenje UK Ltd Head Office (the date and the name of the retailer from which you purchased the appliance will be required). The free warranty is available to customers based in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Your Gorenje warranty is subject to the following provisions relating to the appliance, your statutory rights remain unaffected:
1. That it is used for domestic purposes and in a residential address only.
2. That it has been installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual and any separate installation instructions provided by Gorenje.
3. That it has been properly connected to mains supplied electricity, gas and water and drainage as appropriate. In the case of gas appliances, LPG conversions will be covered as long as a copy of the necessary certification is provided at the time of registration, by a qualified CORGI gas engineer.
4. That the appliance has not been subject to misuse or accident, nor been repaired or modified other than by our own Service Agent (except Gas LPG conversion – see above).
5. Where deemed necessary by Gorenje to exchange an appliance within the warranty period, the new appliance will be covered by the original warranty period and will not be subject to a new warranty.
6. This warranty is not transferable and only relates to the original purchaser of this appliance/appliances.
7. That the appliance is not used for Hire purposes.
This warranty excludes and does not cover service calls to :
1. Correct the installation of the appliance.
2. Remove or re-install an integrated appliance prior to and after a engineer's visit for any repair.
3. Repair any second hand appliances or those used by several people in communal areas.
4. Correct normal wear and tear that can be reasonably expected from an appliance based on age and use.
5. Instruct the user in the correct operation of the appliance.
6. Replace house mains fuses or correct house wiring, plumbing, drainage or gas supply.
7. Replace or repair any cosmetic or consumable parts.
8. Repair an appliance due to the effects of limescale, mould, dirt, grease, spillages and odours
9. Unblock the pump of a washing machine or dishwasher.
10. Repair damage caused by flood, lightning, electrical shock or surge, storm, extreme temperature, explosion, impact, corrosion, theft or attempted theft,
11. Deal with any noise, vibration or steam resulting from the the operation of the appliance. These include periodic start and running of oven fans, flow and drain pump, steam from a washer, dryer, dishwasher and oven.
12. Reverse door hinges on cooling appliances.
13. Repair hob burner damage caused by using unsuitable cooking utensils pans/pots
14. Repair or replace any metal or glass ceramic hobs because of chips, scratches, cracks or damages, resulting from unknown causes or abrasive cleaning and cleaning agents, improper use of utensils, improper shape or uneven base of utensils of foreign particles in between the utensil and hob surface.
Gorenje will not be liable for any consequential loss, or loss of use whilst the machine is being repaired.
Gorenje reserves the right to refuse repairs for products purchased from unauthorised retailers or should they be either second hand or any graded appliance.
Important: Gorenje reserves the right to 1) charge the Buyer the entire cost of a service call and any spares, should the Buyer’s service call include any of the above defined instances and 2) Inspect the appliance prior to any action taken for an exchange / replacement.