Mango Rice Pudding
A summery twist on a classic British dessert, this delicious mango rice pudding is perfect for any summer dinner party or night in with the family.
Preperation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 to 2.5 hours
Total time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- 100g pudding rice
- 400ml coconut milk
- 100ml milk
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 25g almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 170°c/150°c fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the rice, coconut milk and milk into a small ovenproof dish with the sugar, stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Cook for 2 to 2.5 hours, or until the liquid has been absorbed and a skin has formed on top.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly.
- Thinly slice the mangoes and blend half until smooth
- Place the almonds in a pan, gently heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Swirl the puréed mango through the rice pudding and spoon into small bowls.
- Scatter over the remaining mango pieces and serve.
This dish works well served chilled. Leave the rice pudding to cool and then chill until ready to serve. Perfect on a summer’s evening.
For more recipes, home inspiration, cleaning tips and more, you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Personal factory of perfect taste: built-in ovens
HomeMade shape The characteristic rounded shape is one of the most beneficial features of Gorenje ovens. Inspired by traditional wood-burning ovens, it enables hot air to move around freely. Since the food is heated evenly and from all sides, it is always perfectly done: crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
You might also like to read: