Timer and refresh
Always fresh and punctual
Special advantages of new Gorenje hoods include setting the timing for automatic switching off and the refresh function which is activated every hour, refreshing the air for 10 minutes.
See what you're cooking
LED lighting provides excellent and highly efficient illumination of the cooking hob and represents an important aesthetic and functional element in the kitchen. Its useful life is thirty times as long as that of conventional light bulbs, and it saves up to ten times as much power.
More power with less noise
In today’s homes, the kitchen is a new focal point, which in turn has focused attention on noise levels produced by cooker hoods. Over the last few years, the capacity of hoods has increased significantly, and sound-absorbing materials are increasingly being used in many of Gorenje cooker hoods.
• Remember to switch the cooker hood on before starting to cook, as this maximises the hood’s capacity.
• Leave the cooker hood running for another 15 minutes once you have finished cooking to remove the last few traces of cooking odours.
• Remember never to open the kitchen window when using a cooker hood, as this affects air circulation and cancels out the low pressure.
• Choose a cooker hood that is at least as wide as your hob to achieve the best effect.
What capacity do you need?
What sort of capacity should a new cooker hood have? This depends largely on the size of the kitchen. A good rule of thumb is that the hood should be able to replace the air 10 to 20 times per hour. For instance, if a kitchen measures 4 x 4 m with a ceiling height of 2.5 m, the cooker hood should replace approximately 400-800/m3 of air per hour.
Thus, the necessary extraction capacity is determined by the volume of your kitchen.
Calculation of the hood capacity that you need is:
10 x volume of your kitchen (volume = width x height x depth).
There will always be some loss of pressure when installing a hood. That is why it is important to observe the following rules:
• Always observe the hood’s recommended venting diameter (O) specified on the venting tube or pipe.
• Where possible, use smooth pipes to minimise air resistance.
• Try to make the installation as short as possible and with as few bends in the pipes as possible.
• You want gentle curves in the pipe rather than sharp bends, so that the air can pass through unhindered, minimising pressure loss.
Better capturing steam and grease
New models of Gorenje hoods feature new innovative shape with specially curved glass which captures more steam, grease and odours as standard design hoods.